FIELD DIMENSIONS/SPECS(a) 40 yards in length-40, 25 & 10 are the first down lines.
(b) Between 145’-160’ in width
(c) 10 yards deep in the end zone
(d) Field hash marks are of high school dimensions
TEAM MEMBERS(a) Players
- Each team has a maximum of 25 players. Players will not be accepted into the event as individuals. All players must be part of a registered team.
- Teams are not required to utilize an offensive center.
1) If utilizing one, the offensive center is not an eligible receiver.
2) The center will be responsible for setting or re-positioning the football at the line of scrimmage. If no center, the QB will be responsible.
- Coaches will be allowed on the sidelines only during games.
- One offensive coach may be in the huddle with players between plays but when the huddle breaks the coach must move outside the hash on the side of his team bench so as not to interfere with the operation of the official or game play.
OFFICIALS(a) Each game will have at least one official. Each game needs to have a scorekeeper/timekeeper.
(b) Field Manager-Event must have one to keep official game scores, and assist with crowd, player, coach, and referee control on/around the game fields.
- Offsides= Loss of Down
- Delay of Game= Loss of Down
1)Each team will have 25 seconds to snap the ball once it has been marked ready for play; delay of game penalty will be assessed.
- Pass Interference=5 yard penalty and loss of down
- No penalty may be assessed in excess of the 40 yard line. If a penalty would move the offense beyond the 40 yard line, the offense will be charged with a loss of down.
- If the timekeeper sees that the clock has exceeded 4.0 seconds, the play is blown dead. The ball should be returned to the original line of scrimmage with loss of down. If the QB proceeds to throw the ball after the play has been blown dead, a penalty for offensive delay of game will be assessed.
- Offensive team is responsible for retrieving and returning the ball to the previous spot or the new scrimmage spot. Clock does not stop and any delay by offense in retrieving and returning ball to referee will result in a delay of game and will be a 5-yard penalty from the succeeding spot.
- If defensive holding occurs on the same play as a sack, the defense will be penalized and the sack is void.
- Offsides=5 yard penalty
- Defensive Holding=5 yard penalty
- Defensive Pass Interference will be a spot foul (1st down at the spot)
- Any dead ball penalty on the defense after a change of possession would result in a loss of down for that team’s offense when they begin their ensuing possession.
- Responsibility to avoid contact is with the defense. The defense is allowed an INITIAL disruption, and then must cover. Excessive or prolonged contact will result in a “tack on” penalty at the end of the play (5 yard Penalty).
GAME TIMES(a) Teams must be onsite and ready to start on time. If a team is late or cannot start on time, the game clock will begin and whatever time is left on the clock will be where the game starts. The team that is late will begin on defense. If a team is late by 10 minutes or more they will forfeit the game.
(b) Twenty (20) minute running clock with the last 2 minutes played as regulation football game with clock stoppages as regulation NFHS football game. During the last two minutes, all completions must be advanced past the line of scrimmage, otherwise the clock will stop. Sacks in the last two minutes stop the clock as well.
(c) 1 timeout per team-(30 Seconds)
(d) Overtime: If overtime is required, teams will alternate three (3) plays from the 10 yard line. Each team has an attempt to score in each overtime period. Starting with the 3rd and subsequent overtimes, all PAT’s must be 2 point attempts from the 10 yard line. Overtime periods are not timed. Each team is awarded one timeout during overtime period.
SCORING(a) Six (6) points for a touchdown
(b) One (1) point for a PAT from the 3 yard line
(c) Two (2) points for a PAT from the 10 yard line
(d) Turnover on a PAT is dead ball
(e) Official scores will be kept by field referee and sideline scorekeeper
TURNOVERS/DEADBALLS(a) Receiver/Ball carrier is legally down when touched below the neck with one or both hands. (Excessive force by shoving, pushing, or striking a blow will be penalized by automatic first down and 5 yards. Player will be expelled if ruled unsportsmanlike & flagrant.)
(b) Fumbles that hit the ground are dead balls at the spot with the last team retaining possession. A muffed snap is not a fumble/dead ball. The 4.0 second count remains in effect on snaps.
(c) The QB is allowed 4.0 seconds to throw the ball. Time starts on the snap of the ball and stops as soon as the QB releases the ball. If release is under 4.0 seconds, the play continues. Play is blown dead after 4.0 seconds.
(d) Interceptions may not be returned.
(e) The offense must gain at least 15 yards in the first 3 or less plays or the defense takes over. No 4th downs. (3) downs in all zones.
APPEALS(a) If during game play a coach or player disagrees with an official’s call, they may not dispute that call with that official at that time.
(b) For consideration , the coach must report all game play ruling discrepancies to the Field Manager no more than 20 minutes after the game has ended. Any reversal or game-changing decisions will be made at the Field Manager’s discretion.
ADDITIONAL GAME FORMAT RULES(a) Ball always placed on the right hash mark when at the 40 yard line.
(b) No kicking or punting
(c) No passer may run with the ball past the line of scrimmage. All passes must be thrown forward. A pass caught behind the line of scrimmage must be advanced by that receiver past the line of scrimmage in the final 2:00 minutes or the game clock stops. The only laterals that will be allowed will be laterals that occur after the completion of a forward pass. Hand offs in the backfield are not allowed. Receivers alignment should respect the tackle box.
(d) All offensive formations must be legal sets.
(e) No blocking
(f) No taunting or trash talking.
(g) Any physical fighting will result in automatic ejection from the game.
UNIFORMS(a) All teams are required to wear the designated playing uniform.
(b) Players are permitted to wear standard football cleats with plastic or rubber spikes. No metal spikes are allowed. (c) Participants must wear mouthpieces at all times during competition.